A review from Columbia University Medical Center annual Breast Cancer Management Conference May 15, 2018. From screening to new imaging modalities, this breast cancer conference focus was on the management of early to late stages breast cancer and methods for minimizing breast surgery lead by the team at the Columbia University Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons. A few of the clinical breast cancer program highlights included;
- Discussion of the most recent recommendations in breast cancer screening
- Defining controversies in the diagnosis and management of the different stages of breast cancer
- Identifying the latest surgical advances in both oncologic breast surgery and breast reconstruction
- Describing the latest chemotherapy regimens utilized in breast cancer, including the use of neo-adjuvant versus adjuvant therapies
- Describing the latest advances in precision medicine, and how these advances lead to targeted breast cancer therapies
- Identifying how targeted breast cancer therapies are used to individualize treatment protocols
Over 200+ physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, nurse navigators and other clinicians involved in the treatment of patients with breast cancer were in attendance at this (standing-room only) accredited continuing medical education forum. Over a dozen pharma and leading breast-related product manufacturers displayed the latest in technologies at the exhibition that were also discussed during the presentations. Representatives from Celgene, Allegen (Natrelle), Hologic, Cianna Medical, Mentor (a J&J company), Dune, Faxitron, Novartis to name a few.
In the coming weeks, I plan to report on some of the advanced breast technologies discussed during the conference and will dive deeper into the many research topics including AI and Breast Imaging, Interoperative Radiation options - pros and cons, Localizing Nonpalpable Breast Masses, among others.
Many thanks to the leading doctors who dedicate their time to clinical research and share their knowledge with all of us. It's an annual breast cancer management conference not to miss.
For complete list of speakers and topics, please refer to the program at https://collectedmed.com/index.php/article/article/course_preview/category/76/10504/136Unti
lf you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message me on twitter @jean_criss. To learn more about Jean Criss and my recent stories In-The-News click here. We welcome your feedback and please share this blog with your community.