In the coming weeks I will be reporting on the many advanced breast health and wellness technologies and solutions I recently learned about while attending the Breast Cancer Management Conference on Tuesday, May 16th 2017 at NY Presbyterian/Columbia University Hospital in New York City. As a fourth year blogger invited to this conference, I continue to expand my horizon on breast management health awareness by listening to these astute Top Docs and their collective research findings shared with this medical audience of Breast Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons and related Medical staff from the Northeast region (U.S.).
While Breast Cancer can bring on the blues, I always return to this event to hear about the progress being made with advanced breast health and awareness technologies. Today, new and improved solutions are changing the way for Survivors to recover faster, in comfort and in ways one would never believe. Non-invasive surgeries are being introduced to eliminate cancer tumors and more! Remarkable advancements have been made and your donations to breast cancer research ARE making a difference!!
So no more crying the blues.
It’s Pink Tatas, Celebration and Sweet Blues. Here’s a few reasons why and what I plan to report on in the coming weeks!
- What to expect during a 3D Mammography Exam and the Differences between Screening and Diagnosis Mammogram. Why Genious™ 3D Mamo’s are the waive of the future and the benefits to patients.
- Next is OCT – we're not discussing October Breast Cancer Awareness Month yet rather Optical Coherence Tomography as an Advanced Breast Imaging technique. The real-time effects of multi-dimensional imaging of the breast.
- I am also thrilled to cover the long-awaited topic of non-invasive breast surgery – that’s right – it’s here! And if you have recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I will inform you how to enroll in one of the pending research studies taking at Columbia. I will share information about Thermal Ablation and Cryoablation – new ways to treat Breast Cancer tumors using heat and cold therapies and other trending treatments. In office procedures, more precise, less infection, shorter recovery, minimal scarring, better cosmesis – a breast cancer patient never would dream recovery could be less traumatic and painful!
- Advancements in Breast Reconstruction and use of Bi-lateral Expanders. You might recall a prior article I wrote about in The Lingerie Journal if you would like to have a hand in the healing process? “Patient Controlled Tissue Expanders – the Next Gen of Breast Reconstruction! when I met with company representatives at the Breast Cancer Management expo in October 2015. Well now, we will discuss how a patient is involved in the process, and other forms of tissue expander treatments. How one can take control of her own body even when she can’t control the cancer. I always say “Don’t let cancer the BREAST of you” – This product allows the Survivor to sit in the driver seat “literally” and make that happen!! I will explain how and why.
- Of course, we cannot forget our very important topic on Healthy Lifestyle Factors while coping with Breast Cancer – from farm to table, music, exercise and apparel. I will touch upon integrative therapies to help improve your overall quality of life and review basic guidelines for cancer survivors.
I’d personally like to thank the staff at NY Presbyterian/ColumbiaU for their gracious invitation to have me as their guest again. I was excited to introduce #CRISSCROSSIntimates - my luxury collection of post-surgical undergarments to them and to receive five Certificates of Medical Education for participating at this annual event. Please follow my future articles on the above subject matters at CRISSCROSSIntimates.com/
All the breast, Jean
About Jean Criss – Criss is a ten year breast cancer survivor of bilateral cancer (DCIS — Ductal Carcinoma In Situ). She is the Founder and Designer of CRISSCROSSIntimates.com – luxury intimate apparel for breast cancer survivors, designed for women and men of all stages and phases who undergo post-op surgeries! Criss is the Author of a trilogy series, My Pain Woke Me Up – BLISS!, Legal Injustice and LIVE Your Dreams. She is publishing her 4th book this year about short reality stories. Criss recently received five CME accredited certifications from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons - Breast Cancer Management Symposium and a Certificate of Honour by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons – Patients of Courage: Triumph over Adversity Award. Criss served on the Board of Trustees: Susan G. Komen North Jersey Affiliate, has produced award-winning PSAs, co-chaired gala events, is a member of their Speaker’s Bureau and continues to fundraise and volunteer for Komen affiliates. She also works with many other breast cancer research organizations and educational charities to support breast cancer.